Actually no. Some people are resourceful and capable of drawing their own conclusions.
I think whoever submitted this is actually the pathetic one. I am so tired of people constantly using The Tudors to build an argument. It is OBVIOUS it is not historically accurate to EVERYONE. The fact that it is a HISTORICAL DRAMA on SHOWTIME should say it all. You are not the only special snowflake to notice. The grass is green. The sky is blue. The Tudors is not accurate. WELL HERP DERP. NO SHIT. Stop blaming everything on the fucking Tudors to push your tired agenda. You look like an asshole.
As for Katherine Howard, being kind of heart and having a fun spirit is “useful” enough. From what I gather, she would have been fun to be around; quite unlike the person who submitted this confession. ^_^ xoxo
Including the above commentary because, yes, we’re all well aware that the Tudors show is grossly inaccurate.
“People only like Katherine Howard because of “The Tudors”.”
Really? I’ve seen her character receive so much hate it’s unbelievable. I’d never make the assumption that people liked her because of her portrayal in that show. I’ve never seen sufficient proof to convince me of that.
“When in reality she didn’t do one thing useful.”
I’ll give your poor grammar a pass there. Katherine was a young girl who had a poor education, yet she was reported to be generous and kind and she did fit the role of consort well.
- She tried to bridge the gap between Catholics and Protestants.
- She interceded on Lady Salisbury’s behalf, to try to save her from being arrested and sentenced to death.
- When she failed to protect Lady Salisbury from that, Katherine persisted in supporting her by sending her warm clothing.
- Katherine also favoured her cousins daughter, Elizabeth, and doted on her. She always wanted Elizabeth to sit beside her at dinner.
- She was good to Henry’s children - or at least, two of them. She initially tried with Mary (I do believe that she was, at least partially, inspired to help Lady Salisbury for Mary’s sake, for she was her governess.)
“It’s pathetic that people look up to her.”
You know, what I find truly pathetic is that this confession primarily calls a young woman pathetic and openly insults her. Katherine was a real person, she did exist. Show her some respect. You’re buying 400 year old, patriarchal propaganda and misogynistic bullshit.
Additionally, what is pathetic is how the confession calls anyone who supports Katherine pathetic. They are perfectly entitled to look up to whomever they like, they don’t owe you shit, so back the fuck off.